Is It Time for a Switch?
This is not a topic to take likely.
While Appalachian Digital is a website services company, we will be among the first to acknowledge that switching vendors is never a decision to be made likely. It is not uncommon for us to see individuals and organizations who have been with the same developer for years, if not decades, and in that time their existing services may have become very intertwined with that agency. Switching can therefore be a significant undertaking, and this is something that we stress when speaking with prospective clients. We have at times even given a final recommendation that a prospect remain where they are rather than make a switch to us, simply because we acknowledge that a switch may create significant disruptions that would best be avoided. Sometimes it is simply not the right time for a switch.
With that disclaimer stated, we do also acknowledge that it is not uncommon to see the level of service and care that other agencies provide to their clients decrease over time, for one reason or another. When this happens, it may be time to consider making a switch to a new web agency to ensure that your needs are being met.
Signs that it is time for a switch:
If you are wondering if your existing web development agency is meeting your needs and providing top level service, consider asking these questions. Does your current agency:
- respond timely to your requests and inquires?
- proactively make recommendations on different web-related activities?
- keep the backend software of your website up-to-date?
- provide tutorials or other support when requested?
- acknowledge when it has made mistakes? (or do they simply give the “it is what it is” answer?)
- create regular backups of your website?
- run regular security checks?
- offer help (either proactively or reactively)?
- respond to you enthusiastically, or with annoyance?
You need a partner.
Your website development agency should function as a partner for you and your business or organization. That said, do they treat you as a partner, like a member of your team? Or do they respond to you as if you are a bother that they would like to ignore?
If the answer to the above questions are “no”, or you sense that your existing agency maybe simply doesn’t have the highest concern for you and your needs, then it may be time for a switch. Click here to contact us today to see how we can help you tell your unique story online.